Monday 31 January 2011

January Mitts!


I'm trying to knit a project a month this year. In my head, they'll be going into a box for Christmas presents although I think there'll be some birthday gifting going on too. So here's the first. A pair of 'Suzie's Reading Mitts' in Sublime Cashmerino Aran. This was a nice pattern, with an interesting way of getting the pretty picot edge (a yarn over row folded at the end). They were fun to knit, although a lack of concentration on my part means one is about half an inch longer than the other. I will explain that to the receiver, it would be a bonus if I can find someone with one wrist longer than the other. I don't think you can really tell though.

The yarn is squishy-softie-fabulous. A combo of wool, silk and probably some other bits, I'd love to knit with this more often. But I'm not rich, so I can't. It's a nice yarn for a little gift project like this though. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE them! I think the making one slightly longer is a good idea anyway, that way the receiver will know they are individual!

    Gorgeous colour too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigod!! They are blumming fantabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete