Friday 9 July 2010

Creative Open Workshops (or COW to me and you)


Last weekend was my dear friend Clare's hen do, and being a crafty type she wanted to do something different during the day. She discovered the marvellous Creative Open Workshop studio at The Custard Factory, and we went along to make our own tote bags.

Now, I'm still a little nervous when it comes to the old sewing thing. I have a machine but we've yet to fall in love. I was hoping that this workshop would help me with my reservations, and as it turns out I could have taken my own machine in order to learn how to work it. Instead, I used their (rather fabulous) ones and knocked up a bag to be proud of in a couple of hours!

Our hostess Francine was lovely; very patient, friendly and helpful. There was jasmine tea (in fancy vintage teacups nonetheless) and cakes to help us keep our sewing energy up, and the choice of fabric was dizzying! Everything was very step by step and simple, thankfully, and I would recommend this type of thing for newbie and experienced crafters alike.

It cost just £15 including materials. Bargainous.

Me and my bag

All the hens

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh!! That looks like a brilliant day! Wish we had something like that in Belfast - it would be just my thing.

    I know what you mean about being nervous of sewing machines, that's how I feel about mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! You all look so lovely with your fabulous bags!!!
    Enjoy the wedding next weekend! :))

    Francine x

    ReplyDelete